December 08, 2012

Cool Runnings

The other day I met a fellow running buddy at Lake Fayetteville for an early morning trail run around the lake. She had somehow coerced me to meet her there at 7:30 in the morning. After waking up and drinking my cup of coffee though, I felt great! I remembered this great feeling of accomplishment that I used to get from early morning runs. Running 6 miles in the morning, before anyone is out of bed (well, we did used to run at 5:30 in the morning, it was more applicable then), is one of joys I get to myself from running. I wasn't even sure I'd be able to do the full lap around the lake, as most recently running 3.5 miles on the treadmill had all but killed me, but it went beautifully.


Lake Fayetteville Trail Spillway Bridge
Lake Fayetteville Trail Spillway Bridge (Image from here)
We quickly fell into a good pace, with Jenn leading the way. We didn't even notice the 6.3 miles flow by as we were deep in conversation catching up on each other's lives the whole time. I find running with a partner or a group a lot more enjoyable than running by myself (I can only entertain my easily distracted self for so long...five miles seems to be my breaking point), and this was the first time I'd gotten to run with someone else since we'd left Fayetteville back in February. It was a blast!! Oh how I miss running with a running community! I am super excited to join the running groups in Portland!

And speaking of Portland, when I turned my GPS watch on that morning, it was two hours behind. It was still set on Pacific Standard Time from my last run with the watch that I did while we were in Portland. Even my watch wants to live in Portland! :o)

Happy Trail Running,

M.

Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment