December 11, 2012

Biking Around

This week I picked the coldest day yet to bike to the local library. The average temperature hovered around 30 degrees all day. I wore a face mask to protect my face from the wind and probably looked like a goofball biking around downtown, but at least my cheeks were spared! The bike ride wasn't long, just 9 miles from my parents house, but by the time I arrived there my toes and fingers were nearly frozen solid.


The Fayetteville, AR bike path
On the Fayetteville Bike Path
The Fayetteville, AR bike path
Which way do you want to go?
Bike maintenance tools on the Fayetteville, AR bike path
Bike tools on the trail
Fayetteville has an awesome bike trail network so I was able to bike the whole way to the library on the bike paths instead of streets. The closer I got to downtown, the more there were cafes and restaurants along the path. 

The Fayetteville, AR Public Library
The Fayetteville Public Library
On my way back I decided to stop at the new Arsaga's cafe, and it turned out to be quite nice inside. I cozied up at a table in the corner, ordered a coffee and sat down to read one of the books I'd checked out that day- Born To Run by Christopher McDougall. The book turned out to be so captivating that I ended up staying over 3 hours, reading and people watching.


Arsaga's cafe on the Fayetteville, AR bike path downtown
Arsaga's on the Fayetteville Bike Path
Arsaga's cafe on the Fayetteville, AR bike path downtown
Arsaga's Cafe
Arsaga's cafe on the Fayetteville, AR bike path downtown
Inside Arsaga's Cafe
Reading Born to Run book and a cup of coffee at Arsaga's Cafe
A good book and a cup of joe
It was an awesome day!

Happy Chillin' in a Cafe on a Cold Day,

M.

Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment