January 10, 2012

10 Year Anniversary

Today is our 10 year dating anniversary! Ten years ago today Sky took me to Razorback Pizza during our lunch break at Fayetteville High School, and we have been pretty much inseparable since then. A lot of people ask us how we can stand to spend so much time together, and I think the answer lies in the fact that we are best friends. I think it also has to do with our personality types, we're just the type of people that like to have the same friend around most of the time. Sky and I debate a lot (that's right, we don't argue..we debate), but aside from the 1% of the time when we have the throw down, down and dirty fights, we are just having fun bickering back and forth. We probably look like some goofy folks from the outside, but it works for us.

One of the things that I really love about our relationship is that we always have something to talk about. Its very seldom that we are sitting in each other's presence quietly. One time we debated on what actually constituted a bubble. Yep. I argued that the bubble was 'the air trapped within a substance', so for example, an air bubble trapped in a piece of glass. Skyler argued that a bubble was 'the walls of the bubble', so the soap wall of a soap bubble then makes the bubble, not the air trapped inside of it. You decide, what makes a bubble?

Either way, here we are on our very first Valentine's Day together, on February 14 of 2002:

Our very first Valentine's Day together
And here we are just a couple of weeks ago at my parent's house for Christmas:

Us, recently at my parent's house
Happy 10 years together anniversary!

M.

Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment