April 21, 2012

Recipes From The Road- Chicken Salad

This is a simple chicken salad that I like to make to mix up the boring ham and cheese routine with. I'm not going to list how much of everything is needed, its all up to your discretion and taste.

First you boil an egg or two. Every time I go to boil an egg, I swear its like tying a tie, I have to look up directions on the internet. Here is a link I like to use in case you need some help as well. While the egg is boiling, open a can of canned chicken (or use baked chicken breast if you have some laying around), and finely chop it.

Chopped up canned chicken breast.
Move the chicken into a container, and add a large dollop of mayo or Miracle Whip (we prefer the cheap knock-off stuff called Salad Dressing from Wal-Mart). Next, finely chop the egg and pickles.

Chopped pickles and egg, and a large dollop of miracle whip.
Finally, mix all the ingredients together and add salt and pepper to taste. Your are done!

Final product!
We like to eat on bread slices, or in a tortilla wrap, or just on a plate with fresh vegetables as a side.

Happy Chicken Salad Eating!

M.

Email me

No comments:

Post a Comment